Sahara Group is a leading international energy and infrastructure conglomerate with operations in over 38 countries across Africa, Middle East, Europe and Asia. Spanning three decades, we have broken ground and challenged stereotypes across the global business landscape. The women and men who make up our organization are our strongest levers for growth.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Manager
Location: Nigeria ( on site)
Job type: Full-time
Level: Mid-Senior level
About the Job
What you’ll do:
- Prepare Monthly/Quarterly Financials and Management Reports
- Manage the Annual Audit Cycle to ensure timely delivery of annual financial statements (separate and consolidated)
- Reporting to management and stakeholders, and providing advice on how the company and future business decisions might be impacted
- Reviewing, monitoring, and managing budgets
- Lead financial meetings
- Complete financial accounting and forecasting
- Support project analysis, validation of plans, and ad-hoc requests.
- Develop, Implement and Monitor Appropriate Financial Systems, procedures and internal controls to support the efficient and effective operation of the Finance Unit
- Ensure compliance with accounting policies and regulatory requirements.
- Oversee Monthly and Annual Tax Returns and Filing (VAT, WHT, CGT, CIT and EDT)
- Periodically review the organization’s financial reports and identify opportunities for cost reduction.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Finance / Accounting / Economics or Social Science discipline
- Must have 6-8 years relevant work experience within a similar role
- Good understanding and application of International Financial Reporting Standards
- Fluency in Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Detail-oriented and analytical.
- Professional Accounting Certification (ACA/ ACCA) is compulsory
- Master’s degree/MBA will be an added advantage
Your Personal Attributes:
- Intrinsically motivated;
- Results – oriented and pragmatic with exceptional problem solving and decision making skills;
- Emotionally intelligent and team player with an international outlook
- Excellent and precise communication & presentation skills;
- Excellent Managerial Skills
- Negotiation skills and the ability to develop strong relationships with external parties
- Up to date knowledge of Key financial reporting standards
- Comprehensive Knowledge and Application of Nigerian Tax Laws
- Strong demonstrated use of Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Strong financial planning, organizational, and analytical skills.
- Comfortable and effective in managing and communicating with team members and stakeholders
- Ability to deliver results with low levels of supervision;
- Strong interpersonal skills, time management and planning skills
- Conscientious in approach to work
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply