Based on the success of the Intra-ACP Academic Mobility Scheme, the Pan-African Programme (Development Cooperation Instrument) established the Intra-Africa Academic Mobility Scheme.
The program’s goal is to increase student and faculty skill and competence through increased mobility within and between African nations. Through a strong graduate research and studies program (GRSP) on Food, Energy, and Water Security (F.E.W.S.) with a variety of academic programs offered at the partner schools, the specific goal is to implement Master’s, Doctoral level, and staff mobilities.
African nationals and/or residents who are staff, alumni, students, or registered students at one of the Partner Universities at the time of application or who have earned a degree from one of the Partner Universities.
- The scholarship package covers the following:
- Travel and visa expenses
- One (1) return flight ticket according to travel bands
- Visa costs related to the mobility
- Monthly allowance
- Master’s: ¤ 600 and Doctorates: ¤ 900
- One-month equivalent settling-in allowance
- One extra month of allowance for female candidates
- Insurance cost (medical, travel, accident)
- 75 maximum per month
Longer mobilities (Master’s or Doctoral) registered at a host University for purposes of obtaining a Degree.
- Shorter mobilities (Master’s or Doctoral), registered at home
- University who would enroll at host University to gather credits towards the registered degree.
How To Apply
Namibia University of Science and Technology, Namibia: https://www.nust.na/ (3 degree-seeking) (5 credit seeking)
- Master of Agribusiness Management
- Master of Natural Resource Management
- Master of Spatial Science
- Master of Environmental Engineering
University of Buea, Cameroon: https://www.ubuea.cm/ (2 credit seeking)
- Doctorate in Agronomy (crop protection)
Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, Ghana: https://www.knust.edu.gh/ (4 credit seeking)
- PhD Food and Post-Harvest Engineering
- PhD Sustainable Energy Technologies
- Master in Renewable Energy Technologies
- Master’s degree in Soil and Water Engineering
Hawassa University, Ethiopia: http://www.hu.edu.et/hu/ (3 degree-seeking) (4 credit seeking)
- Master’s degree in Soil and Water Conservation Engineering
- PhD Animal Nutrition
University of the Free State, South Africa: https://www.ufs.ac.za/ (1 Master degree-seeking) (1 PhD credit seeking)
- PhD in Disaster Management
- Master of Soil, Crop and Climate Sciences (Agronomy)
Click here to apply