How to Obtain UNILAG Transcript: Process & Requirements
So, if you’re wondering how to obtain a transcript, we’ll address your inquiries regarding the process for requesting UNILAG transcripts, where to obtain them, and the paperwork required.
- 1 Where To Get Unilag Transcripts?
- 2 Requirements For Unilag Transcripts Applications
- 3 How Do I Submit An Application For Unilag Transcripts?
- 4 How You Can Track Your Unilag Transcript?
- 5 Cost Of Obtaining Unilag Transcript
- 6 Postal Charges
- 7 Processing Fees
- 8 How Long Does The Unilag Transcript Process Take?
- 9 Conclusion
Where To Get Unilag Transcripts?
Before understanding how to apply for an academic transcript, it’s critical to understand who can provide you with transcript certifications.
Where you can get transcripts depends depend on whether you need official or unofficial copies. Let’s look at the procedure for getting transcripts from the University of Lagos.
The University of Lagos’ Registrar’s office is in charge of handling transcripts. You must get in touch with the registrar if you want official transcripts. Since transcripts are produced after you have completed the final exam, you must contact the office by phone or in person if you have any questions concerning your transcripts.
Transcripts that are not official may be accessed online at the school’s website. Unofficial transcripts can be easily downloaded by signing into your student account. On the other hand, the majority of foreign universities do not accept unofficial transcripts, which is why you must submit an application for academic admission.
Requirements For Unilag Transcripts Applications
A few transcript-related documents must be included with your application. Other than the usual student information, you could be asked to provide the following paperwork.
- Your Names (Surname and Other
- Matric No.
- Date of Birth
- Marital Status
- Name of Parents/Guardians
- Phone Number
- Certificate/Diploma/Degree Obtained University Diploma
- First Degree Higher Degrees Others
- Educational Record(s)
- Date of Graduation
- Year of Entry
- Year of Graduation
- Present Permanent Address
- Completed Application Form
- Receipt of Payment of Required Fees
How Do I Submit An Application For Unilag Transcripts?
Let’s discuss how to obtain a transcript of records from the University of Lagos. Although simple, obtaining a transcript certificate requires a lot of time. You should submit your application at least one month in advance to ensure that your transcripts will be received in time for admission to other universities.
- This is so that transcripts can only be issued after the records of the student have been verified. As a result, the process is lengthy. You must first speak with the admissions office to learn more about the school’s transcript policy.
The following steps describe how to access UNILAG transcripts via an electronic medium, such as the internet.
- Check out how to request your own transcripts by following these steps:
- Start by logging into the student portal at the university’s official website, www.unilag.edu.ng.
- Pick Academic Transcript, Student Copy from the drop-down option when it opens. You’ll be directed to a website where you have to choose a program.
- You will need to submit a $1,000 online payment after choosing your program. You can pay the bill at any reputable local commercial bank or with a debit card.
- Once payment has been received, the transcript will be sent to your email address. Students may also obtain transcripts from the relevant office of the institution by mail or in person. When you apply for one, you will be questioned about how you prefer to obtain a transcript certificate.
- Please take note that you can obtain additional copies of the same student copy transcript using the web portal at any moment during the same payment session without incurring any additional fees. Students can now request a copy of their transcript by filling out an application. All interested students should follow the procedure outlined above.
How You Can Track Your Unilag Transcript?
Following the submission of your transcript request, simply adhere to following guidelines to track your UNILAG transcript:
- Applicants should use the UNILAG portal to follow the status of their applications by clicking “Track Applications” and then “View Details” to see the tracking details and delivery date.
- The email address you provided in your application will be used to provide you updates on the progress of your application (at each stage of the process).
- Once your application has been processed and finalized, your tracking number will be available on the portal. You can get it by checking the status of your application on the portal.
- To monitor an application, go to the website of the courier service provider, such as DHL, UPS, PEACOCK, or Fedex, and enter the tracking number.
- Applications that need NIPOST or scanning/uploading to an authorized official email address or website do not have a tracking number, kindly take note. Please be aware that only the 2009–2010 academic year’s results are available on the student copy of the transcript.
Cost Of Obtaining Unilag Transcript
Let’s examine the costs associated with requesting a transcript from the University of Lagos.
- Within Lagos — ₦3,000
- Outside Lagos, within Nigeria — ₦5,000
- Transcript — ₦10,000
- Extra Copies of Transcript — ₦1,000
- Statement of Result — ₦5,000
- Certified True Copy — ₦5,000
- Attestation — ₦5,000
- Verification of Result — ₦5,000
- To Whom It May Concern — ₦5,000
This suggests that in order to obtain your transcript from the University of Lagos, you will need to set down at least twenty thousand naira (20,000).
How Long Does The Unilag Transcript Process Take?
After the application is submitted, transcripts are normally distributed one to four weeks later. If they require their transcripts right away, students at the University of Lagos can also fast track their applications. In such cases, it might be required to pay more. One of the most frequent reasons for transcript delays in applications is incomplete or incorrect information.
As a result, be careful not to submit inaccurate information or to speed through the application without completing all of the necessary fields.
Because of this, you should apply as soon as you can to give yourself plenty of time to make up for any delays.
It may be challenging to apply to colleges and other institutions. The process will take longer if you have attended more than one college in the past because you will need to get in touch with each one to get the necessary academic information.
As long as you know how to get a transcript certificate and an academic transcript sample, you won’t need to worry about receiving your transcripts. In this article, we outlined the steps for requesting a transcript from the University of Lagos. I think this realization will be very helpful to you.