Mastercard Foundation is a global foundation based across four hubs in Kigali, Rwanda, Nairobi, Kenya, Accra, Ghana and Toronto, Canada. Our programs promote financial inclusion and advance education and learning in Africa, primarily for young people, and in Canada for Indigenous youth. The Foundation was established in 2006 through the generosity of Mastercard when it became a public company. From inception, the Foundation was designed to be a separate entity and independent from Mastercard. Our policies, operations, and funding decisions are made by our President and Board of Directors.
The Foundation believes that youth employment is key to unlocking prosperity, both for youth and their societies. Enabling young women and men from disadvantaged communities to secure dignified and fulfilling work will ensure inclusive development and economic growth in Africa.
We are recriting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Enterprise Knowledge Management Partner
- The Opportunity Reporting to the Enterprise Knowledge Management (EKM) Lead, the Enterprise Knowledge Management Partner will support the implementation of a unified knowledge strategy at the Foundation by developing engaging, user-friendly content, implementing knowledge solutions and collaborating with KM solution delivery partners and supporting KM capacity building.
The successful candidate will be based in our office in Toronto, Canada, or our Africa Hubs in Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda, Ethiopia, Nigeria, Ghana, or Senegal.
Ways You Can Contribute
Support the implementation of a unified knowledge strategy.
Develop and disseminate standardized knowledge assets to address user needs.
Lead the continuous development, review, and refinement of knowledge assets for the Knowledge Hub.
Track usage of knowledge products, share insights, and refine existing knowledge products based on user needs.
Implement tools that optimize the knowledge lifecycle, especially knowledge capture, translation, and exchange.
Collaborate with KM solution delivery partners and ensure they understand and take an informed, sustainable, and right-sized approach to meeting user needs through education, documentation, and coordination.
Support KM Communications & Chance Lead to deisgn and implement KM capacity building.
Who You Are
- Relevant Degree and/or certification in Information Management, Computer Science, Research Communications, Business Analysis, Instructional Design, Project Management, Human-Centered Design, and International Development.
- You have 5 – 7 years experience in a similar role related to Knowledge Management.
- Knowledge of human-centered design techniques and skills in their application such as listening actively to understand needs and providing constructive/receive feedback.
- Knowledge asset template design and maintenance using modern technology (e.g., PDF forms) and advanced techniques (e.g., branching logic).
- Talent, skills and creativity using content development methods and tools including translating text-heavy, technical content into multimedia (e.g. explainer videos, animations, visualization) and user-friendly procedures, instructional resources and job aids.
- Understanding of social impact organizations, enterprise practices, and grant-making activities.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 365 environment and apps, especially SharePoint, Sway, and Yammer.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of adult learning, and an aptitude for and keen interest in learning new information design and communication technology.
- Strong self-direction balanced with a collaborative and creative approach.
- Meticulous detail-orientation and track record of delivering timely results under pressure.
- Service mindset for responsiveness to requests and striving towards becoming trusted business partners to drive common Foundation goals.
- Flexible, adaptable, and able to execute a range of job duties and changing priorities.
- Possess excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills with the ability to articulate information to a variety of constituents across cultures.
- Possess professional maturity, sensitivity with different cultures, and impeccable integrity that exemplify the Foundation’s values.
- You have a commitment to Mastercard Foundation’s values and vision.
Application Closing Date
21st July, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online