The Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) has alleged that Nigerians spend at least N1.6 trillion every year as tuition fee to schools outside the country. Its President Prof. Emmanuel Osodeke stated this during a meeting of the Central working committee of the Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) in Abuja on Wednesday.
NIGERIANS SPEND #1.6trn ON TUITIONS ABROAD ANNUALLY – ASUU
The meeting, which had in attendance all Presidents and General Secretaries of all affiliate unions of the NLC, was convened to deliberate on the state of education in Nigeria among other issues. Osodeke, who lamented the education system was fast deteriorating and falling from global standards, expressed pains that such a humongous amount could have helped to address majority of the crisis in the Nigerian University System (NUS) that has continued to flare industrial disharmony.
YOU MAY LIKE:
- 7 SECRETS OF SCORING VERY HIGH IN 2022 JAMB UTME EXAM
- Lists Of Institutions That Are Not Under Asuu In Nigeria
- We May Declare Indefinite Strike – ASUU Official
- ASUU meets over strike, says test on UTAS ongoing
- ASUU Strike May End This Week —FG