It baffles me a lot whenever I meet with Jambites who struggle to score barely 200 in JAMB. I begin to ask myself, “What is so difficult about JAMB that lots of students struggle with it?” From my findings, I discovered that lots of students are not knowledgeable about how to pass JAMB and pass it very well.
Also Read: ASUU NEC SETS TO MEET FOR DECISION ON FRESH INDEFINITE STRIKE
7 SECRETS OF SCORING VERY HIGH IN JAMB UTME EXAM
It is not as difficult as most students think. As a result of this, I decided to come up with this write-up which I titled “7 Secrets of getting 280 and above in JAMB.” The seven secrets are discussed below;
1. Set a Target: Personally, I believe that there is nothing impossible that one cannot achieve. In scoring 280 and above in UTME exam, the first step is for you to believe you can achieve and set a target on the score you want to have in the end of the day.
Overtime, I have observed that most students do not have a specific score they want to have in the JAMB. All they do is just to read without a specific target. However, I always encourage Jambites to set very high score as their target. Setting a target will help you to be focused on what you want to achieve in the exam.
2. Study smart: It is not all about studying hard; it is about studying smart. Kindly get the JAMB syllabus and past questions, studying closing to identify the core topics JAMB often repeat year in year out. If you can study those topics very well, I think the job is half way done.
Also, understand your study pattern and not emulate friends. I used to have friends who loved drinking lots of water whenever they were studying. Hence, it is left for you to learn to study smart in preparing for the exam.
Read Also: JAMB Makes A U-turn, Sets New Date For 2022/2023 UTME/DE Registration
3. Practice: I remember practicing my JAMB past questions up to a point where I knew almost all the answers off hand. I had different forms of past questions for every of my subjects. What I am trying to point out is it is very important for you to practice very closely especially the JAMB past question because it will expose you to the patterns of questions set by JAMB. Also it has been proven over time that JAMB repeats questions from previous years. You can be fortunate to come across such questions during your exam.
4. Do not cheat: The prevalent thing among Jambites is relying on different forms of examination malpractices to score very high in the exam. But unfortunately for them, they end up having very low scores despite the exam malpractices.
If you want to indeed score 280 and above in JAMB and eventually gain the much-desired admission, stay away from exam malpractices before, during and after the exam. Funny enough, majority of courses taken by year-one students are topics selected from JAMB syllabus. So if you fail to study now, if you still encounter those topics even after you gained admission through the back door.
5. Rest: I know this point may seem unnecessary to you, but it is of great importance if you truly want to perform very well in your UTME exam. The problem most studious students do have is their inability to set out time to have some rest. The human brain is often stressed a lot by constant study.
Hence, it is advisably for you to always take intermittent rest. It looks so funny to me whenever I meet students who study all night a day to their JAMB exam. To me, such study places sheer pressure on them. A day to your JAMB exam is for you to take out time to rest and ruminate on what you have studied over time.
6. Gist with Friends: The popular saying that no man is an Island ‘is applicable in this situation. As a jambites do not isolate yourself. Make friends with fellow Jambites and exchange ideas with them because you can never know everything on your own. However, do not make friends with the dullards who would draw you back all in the name of making friends; make friends with those you will learn a great deal from.
I remember when I was preparing for JAMB in 2011, I encountered a group of guys at the public library where I used to study. These guys were very intelligent and I learnt a lot from them. Aside learning from friends, making good friends helps you to be abreast with any latest rumour or news about the exam. I know a lot of people who could have performed very well in JAMB if they had been exposed to timely information.
7. God factor: The God-factor can never be ruled out. In everything you do, put God first. The bare truth is you need God’s direction when preparing to score 280 and above in JAMB. As a matter of fact, such feat is attainable even without any special centre ‘during the exam. Personally, I do not support or encourage students to enrol for special centre ‘for exams; I always believe in merit.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
- JAMB ISLAMIC RELIGIOUS STUDIES Syllabus For UTME
- JAMB HAUSA LANGUAGE Syllabus For UTME
- JAMB CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS STUDIES Syllabus For UTME
- JAMB HISTORY Syllabus For UTME
- JAMB AGRICULTURE Syllabus For UTME
- JAMB Mathematics Syllabus For UTME
- JAMB Economics Syllabus For UTME
- JAMB Government Syllabus For UTME
- JAMB Chemistry Syllabus For UTME
- JAMB Physics Syllabus For UTME
- JAMB Biology Syllabus For UTME